Write like a pro
Learn how to create scripts for film and television in one intensive week in our virtual Screenwriting Academy. This incredible experience will be online and in-person simultaneously, so everyone will still have the incredible opportunity to collaborate, create, discuss and interact with some of Hollywood’s top filmmakers – and each other!
This five-day program will introduce you to the components of screenwriting, including character and story development. Learn industry techniques from the masters, including professional screenwriters and prominent academics, and analyze popular and critical cinematic work that shaped historical and contemporary screenwriting movements.
Previous producers and screenwriters giving guest lectures include:
- Michael Uslan, executive producer of "Joker" (Oscar-nominated Best Adapted Screenplay)
- Dave Neustadter, executive producer of "The Disaster Artist" (Oscar-nominated Best Adapted Screenplay)
- Angelo Pizzo, screenwriter of iconic sports films "Hoosiers" and "Rudy"
- Tommy O’Haver, "Ella Enchanted" and "Billy’s Hollywood Screen Kiss"
- Robin Robinson, festival programmer and screenplay competition judge
You’ll leave the program with your own short film script, as well as skills and best practices to implement in your future work. Not to mention new friends and collaborators.